Weekly social hour for friendly dogs and their owners
- Every Thursday
- April – October: 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- November – March: 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- NEW TEMPORARY LOCATION at Posse Grounds on the lower softball field (see map here)
- NEWSLETTER: sign up here to get program updates and notifications
Yappy Hour is a weekly one hour program that takes place on the beautiful green grass of the multi-use field at Posse Grounds Park. This is a special occasion, as City Code and Park Rules state dogs are not allowed on the athletic fields and require all dogs to be on a leash while at the park. Take advantage of allowing your dogs to run free off leash and frolic and play with other pooches.
Know before you go:
- If there is an increase in the amount of off-leash users on the athletic fields during non-event times, this event may be canceled.
- Please do not arrive prior to start time.
- Participants will not be allowed on the field until program start time.
- Owners must pick up after their pets
- Participants are strongly encouraged to pick up after ALL dogs to ensure that the impact of dog use on the sports field is managed.
- Dog toys or other equipment are not permitted.
- If field is too wet from inclement weather, program will be cancelled for the week. Participants may sign up to be on the email notification list, here.
- Owners are responsible for the safety and behavior of their dogs.
- Dog Park Rules apply to Yappy Hour:
- Use is at your own risk
- Dogs must have current vaccinations and city license
- All owners must clean up after dogs
- Non-neutered males and females in heat are not permitted
- Excessive barking is not permitted – City of Sedona, Article 9-4-10E
- Owners must be with dogs at all times
- Dogs must be collared
- Dogs must be on a leash when coming in and out of park
- Dog treats are not permitted
- Children under 12 not permitted unless accompanied by an adult. Infants and toddlers are not recommended
- No glass containers or alcohol in park
- Weapons of any kind not permitted
- Smoking is not permitted
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on premises. Dogs must be removed at the first signs of aggression.
- COVID-19 considerations and safety protocols include:
- If participant is not feeling well or is experiencing any COVID-19/flu-like symptoms, participant should stay home.
- Follow current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations.
Help us to make this a fun gathering for your dog!
For more event information, please contact the Sedona Parks and Recreation office at (928) 282-7098.
- Go to occurrence page
- Dec 07 2023
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am